Big Screen TV for Home Theater
If you are buying a new TV or have an existing one which is not a 4K HDR TV, consider the higher-end models. They all have great connectivity options built-in and you'll be set for the future.
Projector and Screen Home Theater
For a true big screen experience, you should consider owning a projector and screen set. Whether you're hosting a game or movie night, a big-screen super-sizes the fun.
Projectors give you images up to 36 times bigger than a 50" hi-definition TV.
For gamers, a projector offers more screen size and therefore a more satisfying experience than a TV.
Home theater projectors mimic a movie projector. These projectors work best in a room dedicated to projection, where you can control the amount of light and simulate a dark room.
Here are a few details to research when buying a projector
- Resolution: If you want a crisper and cleaner image, choose a projector with a higher resolution. The higher the lines of resolution and the total number of pixels, the higher the picture quality.
- Contrast Ratio: This simply means making the whites look whiter and the blacks look darker. With a higher contrast ratio, you get better picture quality.
- Projection technologies: Almost all projectors use 1-chip and 3-chip Digital Light Processing (DLP). 1-chip DLP projectors are the most common type of projectors. Ask our store experts to show you the different types so that you can choose one that feels right for you.
- Connections: Ensure the projector you choose has all the basic connectivity in place - VGA, HDMI, and display port
- Wired/Wireless: Check for wireless connectivity as it makes it easier to play from almost any digital source such as mobiles, tablets, laptops etc.